Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dukin Donuts flu

We pulled into the Alta Monte Springs Dunkin Donuts. We were waited on by a lady in her early twenties with a really gross looking nose ring, and her entire face looked oddly swelled. Nevertheless, I ordered my coffee, half a dozen donuts, and some munchkins. After ordering, I used the restroom and then we all loaded into the van. As I pulled out of Dunkin Donuts, Linda said “We are not eating these donuts.” I said “I know what you mean, I need to drop a few pounds.” And she said “Well, yes, but, that isn’t what I mean. The lady who waited on us was sick. While you were in the bathroom, she was coughing and hacking all over the donuts on the rack and she blew her nose over the donuts and she never washed her hands. If we eat these we are all going to get sick!”
 


This news presents a serious problem for me. I had just spent $10 on donuts and coffee. We were on the ramp to I4. I couldn’t turn back. And if I could, what would I say? I want my money back because you have been coughing all over the donuts? We spent most of the trip home deciding whether or not we were going to eat the donuts. I was determined there was no way I was throwing $10 into the garbage. Linda, who was grossed out and using hand sanitizer just from touching the boxes, said there was no way she was catching the Dunkin Donuts Flu. To conclude the argument, I ate one of the donuts. I’m sure I won’t get the Dunkin Donuts Flu. I hope I don’t. This morning I woke up sneezing and with a scratchy throat. But I’m sure it isn’t the Dunkin Donuts Flu.


 


The decision about the donuts was now settled. I would eat all the donuts and the rest of the family would see if I got sick. Who ever won? Got the bragging rights

No comments:

Post a Comment